Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Hot Pepper Seedlings

Jimmy loves burning hot spicy food.  I like spice, but I also like to taste other flavors in my dish, something he doesn't seem to miss.  In starting our gardening adventure, we both agreed that growing hot peppers was a must.  We ended up picking out a mixed seed packet with Hungarian Wax, Anaheim Chili, Long Slim Red Cayenne, Ancho (Poblano) and Jalapeno M varieties.  These aren't the hottest out there by a long shot, but they were available at Lowe's and a variety sounded fun.  I set up my seed starting tray with a dome near the end of March and anxiously awaited the emergence of the seedlings.  Finally, I saw it - I sign of life!

hot pepper seedling
March 30: The First Seedling Emerges

hot pepper seedling
March 31: And It Stands Tall

hot pepper seedlings
April 1: So Many Seedlings

hot pepper seedling forming true leaves
April 14: Those are some real leaves growing
I can't wait to enjoy a fresh pepper this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment