Tuesday, April 14, 2015

It's a Blueberry Bush!

This past winter I have been getting excited for planting a garden, even though I have very little experience in the subject.  I have been dreaming of my very own home-grown veggies and fruits, but I have been especially looking forward to one fruit in particular - blueberries!  Over the last few months, I have done a bunch of research on blueberry plant suppliers and how to grow them.  I settled on ordering from DiMeo Farms (dimeofarms.com) and I think I made a great decision.  They helped me with which varieties to order - I ended up with Duke, Bluecrop, and Jersey for a full season of fruiting.  The five bushes (their minimum order) arrived nicely packed with two pages of instructions.  After a couple hours of hard work for Jimmy and me, we had this:
five blueberry bushes newly planted
Five Blueberry Bushes
Not much to look at yet (Jimmy's mom's comment was that they "look kind of brown"), but some signs of life are showing already:
blueberry bush budding
Budding!

No comments:

Post a Comment